A new year brings opportunities for fresh beginnings and comes with intentions to make positive changes for the better! It is important to consider how you design your New Year’s Resolutions for 2017 to ensure you achieve them.
In this post, we will go over:
– The tools that you need to make this happen
– How to sustain your New Year’s Resolutions
– What you can do to work towards becoming the best version of yourself so that you can design a life worth living.
So what are some inspirations to help us kick off with our resolutions?
Check out the following TED talk by Judson Brewer “A simple way to break a bad habit”. His talk provides insight into the underlying factors that influence behaviour. In addition, the components that build up a habit are explored with a solution to reinforce your resolutions.
Tools You Need to Consider for Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Accountability. Find supportive people who can aid with improving yourself, you’ll find that fulfilling your resolutions becomes easier. Your accountabilities presence may provide more motivation and save you from your not so great days.
- Visualisation of Your Desired Outcome. Do this regularly and you’ll find the extra motivation to achieve them. This tool provides more energy to fuel you to work hard towards your resolutions.
- Designing Action Plans and Writing Them Down. Consider the steps you will need to take to get from Point A to Point B. This will empower you to take action. The process of putting the plan on paper will be a regular reinforcement to stick to your resolutions.
Sustaining Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Focus on One Change Rather than Many. Being ambitious with making many changes can be counterproductive as we can often be overloaded throughout the year. It’s more sustainable to focus on one thing and achieve mastery that will last a lifetime. Additionally, consider using one-word themes that will spice your year as a resolution. The saying ‘less is more’ works here.
- Being Specific. It’s important to know exactly what you want to achieve and how you are going to do so. Otherwise, motivation won’t be flowing much leading the resolutions to an end.
- Get Back Up When You Fall Down. Falling flat on our faces from time to time may occur and it’s easy to call your resolution as over. In reality, what counts is that you finish your race and use it as a reflection to improve. ‘You try you fail, you try you fail. But the only real failure is when you stop trying’.
Are you seeking to take your experiences to the next level for 2017? Travelling could be the best option to achieve this. Start now by checking out the following guide packed with insightful tips!
Design a Life Worth Living with Your New Year’s Resolutions
At the end of the day when it comes to designing your resolutions, think of the bigger picture – Fulfilling your greatest self. Consider the important actions you want to take in your life and ask how long will it matter? The one that matters the most is the priority. Moreover, reflect on your top values and have a positive outcome for it in conjunction with the above. This will lead create pathways to living your best life. Most of all, in the process of accomplishing these resolutions, focus on the small wins. A little goes a long way!
What are your strategies that you will use to achieve your New Year’s Resolutions for 2017? Anything that worked in the past that you would like to share?